Network Rail and Govia Thameslink Railway will be hosting several events in the area to give people the chance to have their say on the plans at Reigate and other local stations including Earlswood, Salfords and Horley.
Events will be held on the following dates:
- Monday 24 February, 6-9 pm, St Mary’s Reigate, 13 Chart Ln Reigate, RH2 7BW
- Tuesday 25 February, 4-8 pm, Three Central (The Sturgeon Room), 3 London Road Redhill, RH1 1LY
- Wednesday 26 February, 4-8 pm, Reigate Community Centre (room F3), 53 High Street Reigate Surrey, RH2 9AE
- Thursday 27 February, 4-8 pm, Reigate Community Centre (room F3), 53 High Street Reigate Surrey, RH2 9AE
- Friday 28 February, 4-8 pm, Day Space Reigate, 57 Albert Road North Reigate, RH2 9EF
- Saturday 29 February, 11 am-3 pm, St Mark’s church, Alma Road Reigate, RH2 0DA
From 24 February to 6 April, people can have their say online via the Network Rail website: www.networkrail.co.uk/reigate
The proposed upgrade would see work carried out to extend and widen Platform 2, and lay track to create a new platform to accommodate trains on the Brighton Main Line from London, allowing them to turn back at Reigate to create more capacity for more trains.
The longer platform would also let Thameslink use trains up to 12 carriages long to stop at the station for the first train – this would reduce journey times as there would be no need for trains to stop and split at Redhill.
The new platform would be built in the area occupied by the station car park. The car park would be relocated to provide an opportunity for a new and improved car park and new access roads.
Picture: County Care SCRP station partners helping to make Reigate station beautiful.