The Sussex Community Rail Partnership is a voluntary not for profit partnership which aims to encourage people to travel by train and to engage people in their local railway, we work with communities situated around the rural rail lines on a wide and ever growing series of projects:
We do this by:
- Working with transport operators and local communities.
- Supporting and encouraging community projects.
- Facilitating projects which give the community a sense of ownership and pride in their
- Encouraging rural tourism and therefore helping to support local economies.
- Working with schools and local councils to educate children about rail travel and
- Working with community groups to help remove barriers to travel.
- Encouraging car-free and sustainable travel.
- Holding a variety of different events, from cycle rides to 150th
- Producing award winning guides to the train lines and local attractions.
More specifically we work towards delivering our six core outcomes. The following pages detail case-studies showing how we achieve these along the railway lines: